Prepare To Decorate Your Home
Is there an area of your home that needs some attention? Every time you walk by, does it make you feel uncomfortable?
Before you begin, you need to prepare to decorate.
In just a few short steps I will show you how to refresh an area such as your mantel, desk, dresser or kitchen counter.
- Take a photo as the area looks now. Don’t move anything, quick, go get your camera and take the picture. You’ll want a picture of the before to keep track of your progress and show off your decorating talent when the area is refreshed.
- Clear off and clean. Remove everything from the space and put it on a table or floor. Get out the cleaning products to dust and polish to a white glove shine.
- Analyze what you have. Is it useful? Does it really belong there? Do you love it? Does it have sentimental value? If the answer is “no” to any of the above questions; put it away, give it away, give it to a charity or feed the trash can.
- Put back only what you love and use. Don’t you already feel lighter and energized?
- Take another photo. This will help you see how well you’ve done and what you may need to complete the project.
- Pour yourself a cup of tea, sit back and admire the fullness of a refreshed space.
Congratulations, you have accomplished the first step in creating a beautiful home and life!
If you would like to transform your house into a home you love, contact me.